Friday, June 30, 2006

what i thought i'd be when i grew up

yes blogging from houston- while highlighting shelah's hair...

okay you all know i am a flavor of the week kind of girl-I will admit, i always have been- growing up i had many thoughts of what i would be when i grew up... (and yes i was an interesting child) a few of my serious contemplations were...

archaelogist -I had great romantic visions of excavating things in a desert with the use of a tiny toothbrush- i love classical civilizations, ancient egypt (I think everyone should go to egypt before they die- it is breathtaking to see such amazing architecture) I think this was brought on by countless hours in ruins of turkey.

white house press secretary-i thought for a while this was the perfect job for me-i was going through a very political stage at the time- most 12 year olds don't love watching the news and can't tell you about foreign leaders and cabinet members but i could- a funny pick for at the time a very shy child)

interior designer- i used to beg my parents to let me go to ethan allen and match fabric samples (yes i was in elementary school- i used to cut out pictures of furniture and file them) now at least i get ot do this to my own house but then again i am paralyzed by my indecision.

cytogeneticist- i really like biology (remember i was the medal winning biology student of the year) bu then again i realized i needed something a little more social.

ballroom dancer- latin only-no waltzes and boring stuff or me. And hey i will take any excuse to wear fabulous stuff with sequins.

Interesting how if we made major life decisions at a different time (like careers, etc) how different they could be...

and if I had all the money and time in the world and nothing else to affect my decisions I would probably flavor of the week my way through the following...

NPR moderator (I love talking about interesting things)
Museum Educator
Non-profit aid worker
Serious Artist (with 24 hrs a day and an unlimited art budget- maybe i'd actulaly get "good")
Toy designer
Professional brainstormer

back to shelah's hair...

6 comments:

Nettie said...

That is one thing that I love about life. We can change our minds about what we do and try to accomplish. We can even have more than one career in our lifetimes. I'm loving my mommy vocation at the moment, but I'm still trying to figure out what I dream I will try to fulfill when they are no longer needing me as much.

Sounds like you are having fun. We'd love to see pictures of Shelah's hair when you are done!

Anonymous said...

What is this actually stuff. You are good!! I am amazed at how many of those pieces in your gallery I could use to hang on my empty walls!

Oh if I only had a couple of grand....

Meemer said...

You know, I STILL want to be an archeologist, forest ranger, and ballet dancer.

Blackeyedsue said...

I think that being a toy designer and a pro-brainstormer are one and the same.

I would like to be the person that designs packaging toys for retail. Think of all of the great laughs you would get on Christmas morning when all of those mommies and daddies are trying to get the Barbies out.

You are a fantastic artist!

Missy said...

Yes, so many choices, so little time! (And none of this "good" stuff!!! You paintings are wonderful!)

Lei said...

Get "good"? You're there, baby!!!