Tuesday, June 06, 2006

house tour- dining room

okay- as promised some house tour- todays feature the Dining room which has been the subject of much work lately. My style is generally classic but not super traditional, I like color and clean lines and of course- art.

1. new paint- the blue is about 3 mo old.

2. new light fixture- ikea- about 2mo old - love the candle or light option- i am all about mood lighting at parties.

3. new paintings- nightpebbles (don't ask what i used to paint it- because i don't know if the use of marshmellows in art would disqualify me as a "real artist"), and branches on green 2 giant 30x40 hung together and a tribute to jackson pollack drippy on the little wall

4. new flowers (pier 1, pottery barn outlet)

5. new curtains (yes silk dupioni curtain panels i got for 4.99 a piece-total steal--i sewed the stripe at the bottom because i wanted a long puddly look- yep total curtains cost 25$!),

6.new plates- i am going to exchange green for black on next ikea run--

7. new rug -sadly did not cost 25$ -made of FLOR carpet tiles- that stuff rocks- i've only had it picked out for 2 yrs and finally bit the bullet and got it- repositionable cool carpet tiles that come is so many fab colors and patterns- i might buy a few chartreuse to throw in to funky the DR up a bit--you can rinse them off in your sink and replace them if they get stained!!If you ever want any order through koo de kir they give a 10% discount!) smart son loved laying them down and plays hopscotch on them.

and a big shout out for smart daddy-o who made the table for our 5th? anniversary-seats 10, antiqued black- isn't he great! okay truth be told he also sewed the curtains-(a talent he uses only for the good of our own house) but I will claim to be the visionary overseer of the project.

sorry pictures under seperate cover-- lame blogger day-

9 comments:

Lei said...

Wow, Les. Wow, wow, wow. Now that is room one can feast in!

Dawn said...

Your room is gorgeous! I had to comment, too, because we've been eyeing FLOR tiles for our family room but have been hesitating 'cuz of the price. But jeez, washable? That would save me a lot of trouble!!!

Gabriela said...

Beautiful. I love the nightpebbles painting. You are really talented! Can't wait to see more of your house.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

yay!!! I'm so excited to be touring. lol at the marshmellows, but i could hardly concentrate after "Pottery Barn Outlet". There's such a place??? OH WHY does it have to be on the other side of the country?!?!?

Stacy said...

Very nice! (I can see all the pix now) Makes me want to re-do my whole house.

Blackeyedsue said...

WaHOOO!!!!! I just got back from vacation and I am trying to post about it, but since Blogger is being a stinker, I am checking you out! Can I tell you that I have been WAITING for these posts!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for putting these up.

Gosh I'm nosey!!!

Andrea said...

WOW. When i grow up i want to be you!! You have great taste in EVERYTHING! Can't wait to see the rest of your house

Nettie said...

Oh.My.Gosh. That is an amazing room! Did you say you had a degree in interior design? If not, perhaps an honorary one is in order. I love the color combination. And kudos to uber talented hubby! Hope you continue the tour...

Anonymous said...

Great dining room! Remodeling projects are so fun! I like the green plates on the wall.