okay- as promised some house tour- todays feature the Dining room which has been the subject of much work lately. My style is generally classic but not super traditional, I like color and clean lines and of course- art.
1. new paint- the blue is about 3 mo old.
2. new light fixture- ikea- about 2mo old - love the candle or light option- i am all about mood lighting at parties.
3. new paintings- nightpebbles (don't ask what i used to paint it- because i don't know if the use of marshmellows in art would disqualify me as a "real artist"), and branches on green 2 giant 30x40 hung together and a tribute to jackson pollack drippy on the little wall
4. new flowers (pier 1, pottery barn outlet)
5. new curtains (yes silk dupioni curtain panels i got for 4.99 a piece-total steal--i sewed the stripe at the bottom because i wanted a long puddly look- yep total curtains cost 25$!),
6.new plates- i am going to exchange green for black on next ikea run--
7. new rug -sadly did not cost 25$ -made of FLOR carpet tiles- that stuff rocks- i've only had it picked out for 2 yrs and finally bit the bullet and got it- repositionable cool carpet tiles that come is so many fab colors and patterns- i might buy a few chartreuse to throw in to funky the DR up a bit--you can rinse them off in your sink and replace them if they get stained!!If you ever want any order through koo de kir they give a 10% discount!) smart son loved laying them down and plays hopscotch on them.
and a big shout out for smart daddy-o who made the table for our 5th? anniversary-seats 10, antiqued black- isn't he great! okay truth be told he also sewed the curtains-(a talent he uses only for the good of our own house) but I will claim to be the visionary overseer of the project.
sorry pictures under seperate cover-- lame blogger day-