Monday, May 12, 2008

sibling peace boot camp

So, school gets out in another few weeks and I have come up with a winner of an idea, one that could surely make a lot of money. Sibling peace boot camp, a place where moms can send their children before the summer begins to improve their skills in cooperation, getting along common and general peacefulness. I know I have unreasonably high hopes, a summer with no screaming, no quarreling, no fighting, no crying, no arguing, no whining, only peaceful, kind, interactions of brotherly love. A mom can dream can't she. We only have two more weeks of school (of our current part public, mostly homeschool set up) and soon my boys will be spending many long unstructured hours together. The previews I have seen are not looking promising. Despite the 4.5 year spread between my 1st and my second- they do not coexist peacefully for long periods of time. In the current developmental mix is a "hold me and feed me lots, i-like-to-squawk-at-dinnertime" baby, a highly autonomous, power hungry, scrappy two year old, and a very independent, "don't wreck my stuff" justice minded, 7 year old. Three boys, with three very different agendas, and one mom to make it all happen and keep the peace. Isn't it time we give peace a chance? Maybe when unsavory behaviors arise i will blast them with our cat stevens summer anthem--until they beg for mercy.
So boys, everyone jump up on the peace train (or plasma car as is the case in our house) cause we're about to leave the station.
And that’s an order!!
1. a summer together
2. peace train (stuck in my head)
3. sorted laundry room bins

10 comments:

Chellie said...

I'm sure if anyone can handle it... it's smart mama!
Here's to a fun and peaceful summer! :)

Arlyn said...

Let me know if you come up with any special tricks! School is out here next Friday!

Sheree said...

Great idea! I was just telling Jared that I am afraid of summer. Time to dust off my old copy of "Siblings Without Rivalry."

Jared said...

I always believe in the divide and conquer technique. I've come to grips with our 20 year peace process, but it sure can be along road certain days!
Go fight win!

Jared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared said...

I always believe in the divide and conquer technique. I've come to grips with our 20 year peace process, but it sure can be along road certain days!
Go fight win!

Trueman twins said...

One can always dream!

Jared said...

sorry I have issues repeating myself, come from all the times I have said "can't we all just get along" over and over!

Jamie said...

What a great idea! Hmmm I wonder if my kids would be up for a some kind of peacemaking camp. Too bad we moved so far away and can't invite ourselves over to learn some skills.

smart mama said...

wish you were here jamie- you kids could probably teach mine a thhing or two!