Frog and Toad Cake
1 vanilla (white cake mix)
1 small pkg pistachio pudding
1 1/2 c. water
3/4 cup oil
Bake as directed on cake mix box. For frog and toad, divide the batter to fill 6 muffin cups and then divide the rest evenly between 2 large loaf pans.
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 hot water
3 c. powdered sugar
6 Tbsp butter softened
1-2 Tbsp milk.
Add the first 3 ingredients. Add sugar, add remaining butter. Beat well. add milk to desired consistency.
Marshmallow fondant or Wilton fondant
Wilton colors (brown, yellow, green, orange, black) for fondant tinting.
Wilton premium dark cocoa candy melts
(To make log bark tiles melt choc candy melts spread between wax paper layers, cool and cut.)
1. Stack loaf cakes to make logs. Frost and add chocolate bark.
2. Trim and stack 2 cupcakes to make toad (secure w/ Popsicle stick)
3. Trim and stack three cupcakes to make frog. (secure w/ Popsicle stick)
4. Add twizzlers to create base ("armature") for arms and legs.
5. Frost cupcake mounds.
6. Color and Model fondant drapes for body, hands, feet. Then do pants, jacket, belt, buttons and face details.
7. Decorate around the log with chocolate candy melt wafers.