Saturday, April 26, 2008

celebrating the big 32

Yep, today is my day. I slept in and woke up to sourdough pancakes delivered to me in my bed. Then, to celebrate we did a family outing to Cambridge. We took the T in. We did some fun kids shopping at Curious George & Friends in Harvard Square. (You know how I love a good bookstore/toystore and this gets 2 thumbs up!) Of course it wouldn't be a birthday without some very tasty eats- so we lunched at the Middle East Club (chicken kebab, beef kebab, and kafta pita). We strolled through Cambridge and took in the Science Fesitival at Cambridge City Hall (interesting but a bit unstroller friendly).We stopped for the boys to take a walk around the Boston Temple and came home to my birthday coconut cream pie made by smart daddy-o and some yummy cake compliments of my friend Christy. What a great day!
I love that my kids are adventursome ethnic food eaters. It's kind of funny because although they may shy a way from a totally normal casserole they will dig in when it comes to Mexican, Chinese, Moroccan, Indian, Turkish in fact SS#1 said today "I just like other kinds of food so much better than American food!"

And specialshout out to my BF Shelah, who gave me a great birthday present- she rocked the Country Music Marathon today 3 hrs and 27 min and qualified for Boston! Which means party at my house next year!!
1. one year older and wiser too!
2. middle eastern food
3. flowering trees

15 comments:

Courtney said...

Sounds like a great birthday. Who could really ask for more than pie and cake for her birthday!

Anonymous said...

We wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. At least this was a birthday that you weren't on the road traveling and could actually celebrate with pie and cake! We love you..thanks for 32 great years.
Smart Nanay & Smart Baba

Anonymous said...

P.S. If I was really so "smart" I could get my google user name and password to work! Help Smart Mama...What am I doing wrong?
And wow! Way to go Shelah!!! Congrats!

andrea said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you had such a nice day...you deserve ALL good things. I actually wrote the date on a check this morning and remembered it was your day!

And holy cow Shelah!!! That is amazing.

andrea said...

And hi to smart Nanay & Baba too :0)!

aubreyannie said...

happy birthday to you! it sounds like you had a wonderful day with your family!

Karla said...

Glad you had a great birthday, esp. after tackling all that laundry!:)

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Smart Mama!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

LL said...

glad you had such a nice day!
you might be another day older, but how can you be WISER? you're the Smart Mama...the wisest gal I know.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

smart mama said...

LL- if i were so wise would i consume "a whole loaf" in the mothers lounge mid sharing time- LOL

LL said...

you can find comfort inthe fact that I FORGOT to add the oil to the loaf. SO, it was kinda healthy :)
pumkins are from garden..hence the guilt free loaf!

Chellie said...

Happy Birthday to you! That sounds like a magnificent day!

We all love ethnic foods too. What is it with that? :)

I'm glad you had a nice day. You're a beauty!

Lynn and Sherry Whyte said...

Say, tell Andrea 'Hi" from Smart Nanay and Baba too!:)

Swimmingmom said...

Sounds like a great day! I LOVE that curious george store in Harvard square. Infact, I still have a gift cert. there. Hmm, better get going.

Awesome for Shelah, can't wait to meet her next year- if I'm cool enough, that is!

tazzle 10 mg said...

tazzle 10 mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction and benign prostatic hyperplasia. Sometimes, it is also used to treat pulmonary hypertension.