Sunday, April 27, 2008

art of the week

Here are this week's pieces. I was too tired to paint this week, but I did sit in my bed and do these collage/mixed media pieces. I must get my painting groove back- I shipped out the 60"x40" piece that hung in my dining room and the space is still bare, ugh! As you can see smart son 2 is into being photographed and is slightly obscuring the art (you can see them individually here). I think i'll have to do a summer art giveaway one of these weeks. Because winning things is just fun!
1. good bananas
2. colors
3. creating

6 comments:

The Orton's said...

ooohhhh....can I win one? I need some serious help with my walls...

smart mama said...

I think maybe i'll do one each month for the summer? and i 'll gather names, draw out of a hat and then the winner gets to pick from the a group of pieces- should be fun-- i am all for helping walls...

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh...seriously. I have to win. I wonder if I have any of your early work stashed away. hmmmmm....

smart mama said...

Andrea- i totally found your favorite "eyes" (aka yellow girl painting the other day)- i may have to bring it down from my attic to my studio room- i still love that painting i did at 15!

Chel said...

I love the middle one! I never win anything, but give-aways are fun! That sounds like a great idea! :)

AJ said...

Thanks for enduring the empty spot on your dining room wall for me. :)