Friday, September 29, 2006

You caught me

All those lessons I've been learning and the Halloween costume crafting has made my life on the computer scarce- Lei tagged me for a meme so here goes-

What do you like most about where you live? It's quaint, little towns, farms, gorgeous autumns- some serious deals- okay maybe it's my favorite dairy and fruit farm. Plenty of days when you can stay inside watch the snow, curl up with a blanket and hot chocolate. Here you live through seasons and that experience helps you respect and find beauty in all the seasons of your life.

Is there anything strange about where you live? oh where do I begin-people here use oil heat, they also still build new homes with no a/c and baseboard heaters??!!!overhead power lines, they call strollers and carts "carriages", there is a dunkin donuts on every corner, housing is more desirable/expensive in towns without stores?! every road has 2 lanes only,

What is one of you all time favorite music albums? Why? Van Morrison Moondance- it is ultimately mellow- I can listen to it any time any place. I always take it when I travel to another country, and know I will be jet- lagged

Did you have a passion for something as a kid that you still have now? Just about everything I do you probably could've predicted if you knew me as a child- I started cakes at age 8, painting since toddlerhood, I've always been a "giver"-- I really love to give people things, my parents had to forbid from giving away all the money in my piggy bank when I was little

What do you like most about having a blog? It is the absolute perfect voice for me- I am a creative and relatively unstructured person- it lets me constantly have avenue for any sort of creative thought, my brain kitsch, anything kicking around in my brain. I have always kept sort of "un-journals" and sketchbooks where I recorded stuff, but this takes it to a new level. I love the exercise of writing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so longing for season changes I can't stand it and your description of your town makes me miss it even more. It sounds just lovely.

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

okay. just yesterday i thought i should change my answer on my meme about albums to that VERY VAN MORRISON ALBUM!!! i seriously choked on my chocolate cake when i read your response. lol. i used to give that album to friends i loved it so much. when i'm stressed or can't sleep i "play" it in my head.."Half a mile from the...." and I instantly start to relax. anyway, just thought i'd let you know :) k, now back to finishing reading.

smart mama said...

GAB- come on up!

Sabra- someday i think we should sit down compare our favorties- because man if its not one thing its another- hey speaking of favorites- have you ever read childrens book the happy hocky family- i think you'd like it-

Nettie said...

My husband would LOVE to have baseboard heat. Yeah, you can tell he's a native..

ShelahBooksIt said...

I grew up thinking that oil heat and no a/c and overhead powerlines were totally normal. Little did I know...