Sunday, September 03, 2006

smart picks 9-06


every once in a while I like to review some great things (like my favorite toothpaste- which I continue my love affair with)

Here are some smart picks...

1. Look alike books- As an artist and a teacher these books get me really jazzed up- I picked this one up at a library book sale for 50 cents and it has been worth that 50x times over- check it out all the miniature scenes are recycled objects. It is just my cup of tea!

2. Tandoori naan bread- its a little pricey but I love a good ethnic bread! Americans need more variety in their wonder bread diet-- warm it for 15 seconds and some butter- mmm...

3. Cox's honey- I have long been a fan- in fact I have boxes shipped here to new England from small town Shelley, Id. It is creamed honey and in my opinion the only honey- That stuff that comes in the bear bottle just plain yuck.

4.McGraw-hill nature cards- I paid $1.29 for these at Christmas tree shop- They have entertained children and adults alike for many hours- my wildlife biologist B-I-L even requested a set- oh and did I mention highly educational for the budding ornithologist or entomologist.

3 comments:

Valarie said...

I agree on the creamed honey. There's no other way to have it.

Nettie said...

I love cox honey! I haven't seen it in years though. And I agree on the bread. I wish I could get my kids more adventurous in this area!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the compliments on our delicious creamed honey. We are at www.coxhoneyfarms.com