Sunday, May 21, 2006

family fun tip- instrument time




As you all know i love few things better than great play-- and one of my top toy picks for kids- musical instruments.- i believe they are an absolute must and a perfect developmentally appropraite gift for the ever difficult one year old-- Today the smart boys and I were doing "instrument time" one of our favorite activities (yes we have as many instruments as some elementary schools) In addition to endless hours of noisy play, they totally spice up our family night singing time. Here is smart baby with our all time favorite instrument time music-- This CD rocks (thanks smart baby for the promo- one of our favorites for 5 years now!)-- it has all the great opera classics (getting all cultural on you today) it reminds you of how great music can be (even more than itunes) Smart son (5)'s first song he ever sang was the la-la-la, la-la-la, la-la-la, la-la-la chorus from the barber of seville and that is one of my favorite memories. So tonight-- 2 thumbs up for family instrument time and 2 thumbs up for this fabulous CD--

what are your favorite family activities??

8 comments:

Nettie said...

What a fun activity! I'm very impressed with all your instruments! I agree that they are one of the best "must have" toys to have for your kids. My husband and son both play drums so we do a lot of listening to music, drumming and dancing together. Alas, we are not so cultured as to do opera.

Gabriela said...

Wow, you have a lot of musical instruments! I think it's time to replenish my stock. My kids have been using the pots and pans a lot recently.

Anonymous said...

wow! that's great! what i wouldn't give for all the money in the world, lol. But seriously, it's sad, because I'm pretty sure Abbie's tone deaf, and she LOVES to sing.

Anonymous said...

Okay, making my xylophone look pretty lonely. Adding musical instruments to the Christmas list. Musical talent is one thing that I definately do not have!

Blackeyedsue said...

How did you not have a headache when all was said and done? You are such a good mom. We have the piano and flute around here. The drums would make me CRAZY...and we don't need anymore crazy momma around here!!!!

smart mama said...

oh bargain mama's favorite picks-- you can get them cheap from oriental trading hands on fun catalogue, discount school supply, also love the frist act line and restoration hardware family band

Anonymous said...

Awww...they look like cool toys! :)

I just found your blog...if you stop by mine here anytime soon...you'll see my kids in the adventure of planting their very first vegetable garden!!! LOL
Hope that you can find the time to come by my blog site and please post a comment when you do...I like for those who visit my site to let me know they've been there :) (you will need to 1. register (FREE), on the right side of my site before you post...this is just to make your visits more personalized, etc. and then 2. click "Leave Your Comments" back at the regular part of my site on any comments that interests you, and then 3. "Post Reply" once the comments page comes up and type your comment).

I'll try to visit your site regularly and hope that you visit mine as well! :) God Bless! :)

Lei said...

I see lots of familiar instruments there, Les! Seriosuly - that's one of our favortie thigns to do as well. But, we also love to dance... break out some groovin' music - or some Rimsy-Korsakov :) -and go to town!