Friday, August 22, 2008

my signature drink

Do you have a signature drink? I do...fresh limeade (sparkly) not just the juice like lemonade. It's what I always order when going out, or whenever I am at a party and people are drinking cocktails because I don't drink. It's perfect--clean and fresh but with a little zip! Sonic makes a mean one, so does Bills Barbeque in VA, but no such luck here in New England. Usually I have to make my own with a combo of Sprite and a fresh lime (its best if the Sprite comes from a fountain dispenser rather than a can or bottle) and the lime wedges have to be squeezed well. It's best with 2-3 wedges to 8-10 oz of ice cold sprite. My kids like to sneak in and drink it all up.
So if you're ever serving up drinks-- you know what I'll be having!

8 comments:

lyn said...

Yum! My "party" drink is San Pellegrino - must be ice cold, but absolutely no ice, with lime. My latest obsession, though, is Sonic's strawberry limeade, easy ice (even better during Happy Hour!)

Becky said...

I'm a LOVER of citrus - especially lemons or limes. I'll have to try this one. I don't like carbonation very much so I prefer lemonade - freshly squeezed lemonade that is.

Unknown said...

I'm just a party waiting to happen--no favorite drink--I'll try them all! Thanks for the inspiration!

Christy said...

I am a sucker for Cranberry juice and sprite! We'll know what serve at the next party...soon right?

smart mama said...

Yes- cj- party time- lets get it rolling!

Company EIGHT said...

oooh, limeade is a favorite of mine too--any way you make it! I love cherry limeade too, yum!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!! I'm gonna have to try that.

Sonja said...

I make a yummy virgin strawberry daiquiri when I have little get togethers. I also make chocolate mint Italian soda's on a regular basis. Saves me $3 each time I make my own.