Thursday, August 28, 2008

"his brain is on the ceiling!"

Life with my boys, always amusing. While making a phone call the other day, I returned to find this "book shop" so thoughtfully set up for me by my 3 year old (who has always had this thing for building horizontally- it's cool and crazy at the same time) I was informed that I was welcome to purchase any of my "already owned" books from him (thankfully the store only contained the contents of 2 of the 18 shelves of books in our home). It goes around the entire 9 foot couch and many tall stack s are out of the picture. Lesson: Do not close the door to the office on an important phone call or you might get a store too!
Then I was informed that my 3 yo's brain was stuck to the ceiling- thanks to his 7 yo brothers over exuberant tossing. Thankfully not his real brain just this play one from the Cambridge science festival. Our ceilings in there are high- and I would not attempt to get it down with a ladder without a full safety harness. Despite many futile attempts with the nerf ball shooter, the plan was abandoned for the tossing of bean bag stuffed animals at it by mom- after about 30 attempts and knocking it a bit- it finally dropped spontaneously on its own 2 hrs later.
My thankful 3 for the day-
1. cool summer night
2. 9 o'clock peacefulness
3. clean kitchen

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Now THIS sounds more like my house. I love this post! Thanks for keeping it real. And your kids will thank you later, for reminding them of these fabulous quotes, like "Mom! His brains are stuck on the ceiling!" Gotta love that one. The store happens frequently at my house, except it turns into the full-on Wal-mart, with so many choices! (And low, low prices!) Book stores are one of MY personal favorites. You're a lucky mom!

LL said...

LAUGHING!!! oh never a dull moment ;)
smart little people there in your abode!

bluestocking mama said...

love the book store! that's what i would play, were i a kid again.

smart mama said...

yes it's not all cakes and kindness- mess and craziness unfortunately prevail too often

jenny i should introduce you to many of my past "keepin' it real" posts- let see when my glasses got flushed down the toilet, when my son ate paint and i had to call poion control, having my floors mopped with flour- always good times

Christy said...

Now they just need to take the store to the street, take advantage of the generosity of neighbors. Curbside...that's where the real money is made! Very funny!

Becky said...

Brains on the ceiling...I love it.

Anonymous said...

how fun!!

Trueman twins said...

I'll have to use that excuse next time I forget to do something! Too cute!

Swimmingmom said...

Too funny- love the brain quote! I had started a family "Book of Quotes", but who knows were the book is. Good for you for keeping track.