Thursday, February 05, 2009

overheard

Here are how my days go down with my 3 and a half year old.
Scene: Legos on the stairs.
Me: You know the rule, no legos downs stairs. You need to put them away.
SS#2: I can't.
Me:You got them down somehow, so you can get them up somehow.
SS#2 But it's hard---somehow.

Scene: Hoarding of marshmellows under the dining room table.
Me: You need to control yourself.
SS#2: I can't mom, my 'self' is just controlling me.

Watching a seminary video, little girl in dream sequence is riding a bike through the stars, he responds (in the same voice as the famed Muppetts "PIIIIGS IIINNNN SPAAAAACE") "Flyyyyying Biiiiiikes in Spaaaaace"

He has recently begun professions of faith by making up his own songs like:
We believe that bad guys will be punished for their own sins (to the tune of the 2nd article of faith) and his rousing to new hymn Called to serve the newborn king (think hark the herald angels sing and called to serve rolled into one extravaganza).

Never a dull day.
1. movement 2. busy days ending 3. naps

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm thinking you've reproduced smartly. And cutely.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...the joys of motherhood!! isn't it fun?

Trueman twins said...

Never a dull moment! He's quick with the comebacks! Thank goodness for peace and quiet during naps!

Marcy said...

That is so cute!!
Don't kids say (and sing) the funniest things??

nanci said...

He is SO creative - (I wonder where that comes from?????)

LL said...

my self controls me some days too, I understand. He's FUNNY!!! and quite smart~

Carrie Snider said...

Wow.. haha! If only we could channel their creativity into something lucrative. Although, making mommy laugh is priceless, too. :)

Becky said...

the second one makes me LAUGH! so cute. :) that's my new motto - 'my self is just controlling me'.

Swimmingmom said...

I too love that contol comment! Very funny!