Sunday, February 01, 2009

high octane only...

I have always heralded myself as being a low maintenance gal, but as the years go by I require more. I feel like I am becoming one of those cars that require premium gas so they don't ping. (Who wants to pay 30 cents more per gallon to fill up their car, that is just silly. If you have one of those cars- I don't think we can be friends)

I just want premium sleep- perfect blissful, uninterrupted, with just the right combo of pillow frost, down, and soft blankets. Really I promise much better performance if I get a good 8-9 hrs. No grouchy sputtering noises, no whining, just smooth running and high performance for hours!

(yes this is my scrumptious new bedding you might remember from my december obsession. every night I sigh with pure contentment when I climb into it's perfect softness each night- the best money I've spent in a long time!)


You can join me on segullah today where I am posting, Confessions of Moroccan Dream Date Barbie, a piece on perspective). I have just taken over the editorial reigns there at the blog with my cohort in crime the ever talented, Michelle L. There are always some interesting, thoughtful post over there and you are always welcome to join in. Happy Challenge day#3!


PS- How are you doing, all you little valentines cupids you??
1. pleasant shoppers (my kids) 2. new boots 3. a dancing baby

13 comments:

Unknown said...

so ARE you getting those 8-9?
the bedding looks cozy and full of fabulous texture and eye appeal.
Cupid's ruuning on premium--fun lovin' focus!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your cozy bedding...sleep is definetly one of my favorite things, especially on those wonderful weeks off!

AD said...

I wanted to tell you that I loved your latest post on Blog Segullah so much, that I came to visit your personal blog. Love your voice and energy!

I once read a piece in the Ensign about a "smart" mother who was stewing over the thought that perhaps mothering was not going to utilize her intelligence to its fullest--surely she needed to put her smarts to good use! Then one day she realized that she didn't want anyone less smart than herself to have the role of daily influence on her children. If she turned them over to someone who wasn't as smart as she was, would her children be as smart as they could be? (Okay, that was the general drift, but it was really articulated much more beautifully than all of that.) Anyway, I love that you are smart mama! You've been officially added to my Google Reader! :)

smart mama said...

jenny- no but a girl can dream right? I guess I can use that as an excuse if I am not perfoming on the top of my game

lisa- yah my week of joy is your week of pain.

ad- welcome- thank you!

Swimmingmom said...

Wouldn't 8 or 9 hours just be great! I keep trying to explain that to dh that to avoid grouchies, he should really try NOT to wake me up in the morning! Hope you have some blissful nights!

Christy said...

Maybe you could make it to 8 if you weren't so productive! Our cupid yesterday wrapped up the pillows on each bed with ribbon and tied a marshmallow & note saying sweet dreams...nothing like the love of a pillow.

LL said...

you have every right to "ping" getting up for early morning seminary!

smart mama said...

the productivity sleep thing ias a catch 22 christy- love the pillow love
LL- way to much seminary ping from me- such a whiner I am...

andrea said...

I'm coming over to spend the night.

Gwen said...

Leslie! Wow! I am speechless...I was always amazed by you and to see what you have done/become since I last heard from you....I think my last contact with you was your wedding announcement...Wow! This is Gwen from BYU/DT/The Glenwood. I would love to reconnect! I will save the long story on how I stumbled across your blog....which I LOVE!!!! Let me know how to reach you. Happy Day!

Trueman twins said...

Love it! I was eyeing some really great sheets and they were WAY too much, but maybe I'll have to reconsider now that you put it that way!

smart mama said...

I sleep so much better now- and man, good sleep is worth alot!! just do it lisette!

smart mama said...

Gwen-- HOORAY- oh the shouts of joy can I tell you I was just looking for you the other day- checking facebook to trying to find you!! Oh how I have missed you (and your great butterfly pants) I can't wait to catch up- go to my profile page and hit the contact- my email is linked! Your comment made my day!