Sunday, February 08, 2009

love =

I am loved, really everyday I see it evidenced... In case you are looking for ideas, here is only a sampling of the love I felt this week...

Surprise Indian food lunch from my friends , and a flurry of hilarious emails all week (to help me cope while smart daddy-o was off in Mexico on business), and cookies for the ride home from church (because that is a long and torturous 25 min ride without yummy snacks).
A friend making a special trip to Ikea just to buy me fabric I was wanting and then mailing it to me thousands of miles away. Along with a note and fresh Valencia oranges from her yard (so beautiful that my boys asked to use them to paint a still life). She is doing a her own very cool variation on the 14 days of valentines you can read about it here.

Notes on my white board from my husband, he was also my personal massage therapist and best kitchen cleaner around.

A friend watching my two youngest, in addition to her 3, so I didn't have to trek them to pack meeting on a frigid night way past their bedtime.

Tasty heart pumpkin chocolate chip treats from a friend, even though she was busy getting ready for a trip.

An 8 year olds offer to let me have unlimited use of his webkinz account to play air hockey and samplings of all the treats he received from the valentines cupid.

A three year old to tell me stories, Silly Annabelle, Rumpelstiltskin and 3 billy goats Graff, and to sneak into my bed at 5 am and snuggle beside me. Who also volunteered to clean the floor with vacuum and steam mop and did a whizbang job!

An offer to come over for dinner from my always charitable friend.

A baby who always wants to be with me and gives delicious kisses.

Kids I used to teach telling me how much they loved having me as a teacher.

Thoughtful emails from friends.

Have you been feeling the love this week?

1.-2 lbs 2.love 3. a baby who dances to the beegees

3 comments:

Tamlynn said...

Hmmm. Sounds like some people are trying to bribe the judge. :D


I want to see your boys' still life! They are too cute.

Swimmingmom said...

What a nice post. See how loved you are! You are easy to love! How fun that you received the fabric from Tamlynn- can't wait to see what you create next.

Those 5 am child cozies are worth cherishing!

LL said...

You ARE easy to love....
glad you're taken care of, you do so much for others!
Love, the runner-up :)