Wednesday, September 24, 2008

keeping it (not) simple

I wish I could keep things simple but, somehow I never manage too. I try to fit in all the really important things, and then I throw a bunch more things in on top of that. I try to fight it at times, but deep down I think I like the complexity or I lack the ability to walk away. Like today I was doing some trial run cupcakes (9 completely different varieties) (because yes I am a total sucker and agreed to teach a 4 week cupcake class to 2nd-5th graders for free). This also with the help of 3 little boys. My dining room is still recovering from the aftermath of target buyout and I have been madly painting (2 more 30x40 trees half done) because I am in a painting groove and I want to get every last ounce out of this sudden burst of creativity before it leaves me. I am trying to be good mom and keep the house clean, fill my boys days with play and fun, and stories, and love, and attention. I know I should be in bed, but there I go again with one more thing. Sometimes I wish I could relax more and do less, but I get joy from the richness and the many things I do. I guess it's a constant battle- just have cake or cake with frosting and sprinkles--no matter how hard I try I am always the latter.
1.chicken 2. trying again 3. thoughtful prayers

9 comments:

LL said...

you're killing me. I don't know how you do it all.
Tonight, I will feed you while my kids rub your feet and Chris fans you. Sounds lovely doesn't it LOL.
Ok, well maybe that won't work but I do hope you can relax at the farm if only for a little while.
CUTE cupcakes!!

Smilin' sunshine said...

Honestly, just reading your blog makes me tired. Hang out with me and some of my laziness may wear off on you!!

Christy said...

Keep the sprinkles coming!

Unknown said...

I know this disease from which you suffer. I am familiar with the symptoms and feel your conflict.
I do not paint nor make elaborate cupcakes, but feel that we are sisters in a parallel plane... you would not be happy idling. Keep painting, keep Target in business, keep those cupcake kids happy and clean your house every other week. (meanwhile, look the other way)

Anonymous said...

wow!! I'm not sure how you do it, but I'll just sit back and watch it unfold. That cupcake looks yummy.

Becky said...

okay...your title is "smart mama"...not "crazy mama"! You remind me of Jenny. I hope they appreciate your time and TALENTS!!!

Chellie said...

I have a HARD time simplifying anything! So if you ever figure it out, let me know.
I am ALL or NOTHING type of girl.

andrea said...

ooooh--cute cupcake! You are amazing...that is true. I bow down :0)

Swimmingmom said...

That's one of the things I love about you. You always have your hands (note not finger) in something. You constantly inspire me to learn and grow and try new things even though I may be scared of it!