Vacation is a big test of priorities. Each day I have to decide of all the things I want, which I really want the most. Here is the list of options/priorities (in no particular order):
1. Sleeping in/taking naps- recouping from 7 months of not sleeping through the night.
2. Eating my favorite foods and trying new recipes (happy to report i have had a dq dipped cone, fresh limeade, ukrops donuts)
3. Doing projects for my parents- setting up some online stuff for them, redoing 8 flower arrangements, stocking my mms freezer with cookie dough.
4. Visiting my grandmother with 3 boys in tow, which is slightly like a three ring circus in the assisted living center dining room.
5. Taking time to be with my boys individually something that doesn't happen very often.
6. Catching up on a good book or movie, just relaxing and clearing my mind.
7. Spending time with friends (old and new)
8. Facilitating summer fun for my boys (library trips, swimming excursions, night bug hunts)
9. Shopping without 3 kids in tow
10. Exercising (sadly this has not taken priority over nightly homemade coldstone or strawberry pie!)
11. Planning new creative endeavors- some new paintings in the mix when i return home!
Have no fear- my weeks of luxurious relaxation will come to a grinding halt this week whn I return home and am once again in charge of all meals, all laundry, and all of life's grown up responsibilities.
1. bills bbq limeade
3. shopping alone