Tuesday, July 08, 2008

what i want most

Vacation is a big test of priorities. Each day I have to decide of all the things I want, which I really want the most. Here is the list of options/priorities (in no particular order):

1. Sleeping in/taking naps- recouping from 7 months of not sleeping through the night.

2. Eating my favorite foods and trying new recipes (happy to report i have had a dq dipped cone, fresh limeade, ukrops donuts)

3. Doing projects for my parents- setting up some online stuff for them, redoing 8 flower arrangements, stocking my mms freezer with cookie dough.

4. Visiting my grandmother with 3 boys in tow, which is slightly like a three ring circus in the assisted living center dining room.

5. Taking time to be with my boys individually something that doesn't happen very often.

6. Catching up on a good book or movie, just relaxing and clearing my mind.

7. Spending time with friends (old and new)

8. Facilitating summer fun for my boys (library trips, swimming excursions, night bug hunts)

9. Shopping without 3 kids in tow

10. Exercising (sadly this has not taken priority over nightly homemade coldstone or strawberry pie!)

11. Planning new creative endeavors- some new paintings in the mix when i return home!

Have no fear- my weeks of luxurious relaxation will come to a grinding halt this week whn I return home and am once again in charge of all meals, all laundry, and all of life's grown up responsibilities.
1. bills bbq limeade
2. refocusing
3. shopping alone

6 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Thanks for the new post!!

I am glad you are FINALLY coming home, as we have been here for 3 Sundays and have yet to see you!

You gotta love vacation and thank goodness for it. It helps get you through the everyday life.

Welcome back to reality!

LL said...

i'm already dreading reality!!!
welcome home, we will see you guys soon

Chellie said...

Love it!

Sounds like a perfect, well thought out list of greatness to me!

Arlyn said...

It sounds like you've had a great time! I'm glad you have such a place to go to!

Sonja said...

Nice list! I share some of those with you, I'm sure you're excited for it to be over. I love vacations, but I'm always happy to get back into the routine.

Swimmingmom said...

Sounds like you've had a great time. Hmmm, tough decisions everyday. Must be great! Yay for us that you'll be home soon!