life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...thats what it's all about right.
when it comes to being a mom it seems as though some liberties go out the window.
we could make motherhood a more sane experience if the following rights were granted to all mothers...
1. the right to a nap if any of the following apply- you are awakend more than 2x a night, or your total number of sleep is less than 6 hrs.
2. the right to eat at least one meal a day where you sit down for 10 minutes straight
3. the right to go to the bathroom with no visitors
4. the right to a phone conversation without interruption.
5. the right to cook dinner with out someone holding on to you or you holding on to someone.
6. the right to one day a week with no whining or crying
maybe these rights are just dreams-
dreams of our former lives, things we look back on with a sort of elementary school nostalgia for another time and place when things were simple. but then again if we had them i'm afraid we wouldn't feel like mothers.
Motherhood is not for the faint hearted! Take courage mothers and realize all do for your cause!Onward in the Pursuit of the greatest happiness.