where you show up and realize school is starting and you don't know where to go. But this time it is real life and it goes something like this... T-20 hours to big New York Gala and I look around and realize.
1. My skin is pasty- late New England fall to be precise- "ages since I've seen the sun" white
2. My toes need to be painted - they will be seen but NY society peeking out from under my dress.
3. I still haven't decided which jewelry to wear.
4. I still haven't decided what to do with my hair.
5. My nails need to be filed.
6. My eyebrows could really stand some attention.
7. My legs need to make peace with a razor.
Then there is the matter of the yet-to-be-packed suitcase.
Today started badly...actually I can't really remember when today started in between the many croupy night wakings of my baby, then I rolled out of bed to teach, then it was getting the world in motion, I literally begged for Heavenly Mercy (multiple times throughout the morning) in the form of a nap. After hours of unsuccessfully trying to get my tired baby to sleep- I went for the last resort- a car ride. We drove for 25 min -- no luck- so after McD's oj and hashbrowns and a car ride home. I kept feeling like my body was going to into screen saver mode I finally got him down. I conned SS#2 into sitting by me on my bed. Finally- sleep. Well for 15 minutes until ss#1 pounded on the door- half day today- and our every loving and concerned bus driver will not drive off till I show my face at the door. Then the fussy one awoke again and I was on homework patrol and making dinner for myself (one handed- baby in other arm trying to grab the water chestnuts I was slicing) and my neighbors (o the spirit prompts to often crazy actions).
maybe this is all just a bad dream too- we'll see in the morning...