Monday, November 10, 2008

on the death to my gorgeous mid century red plate

My husband a phone call the other day first reminding to open enrollment benefits at work and secondly to remind him that beautiful glass objects that your wife adores should not be put on a shelf 18 inches from the floor where your toddler son can huck it like a frisbee across the dining room shattering your design visions in a single shattering crack and 2 trillion tiny pieces.

daddy owes me...

(Update: Debt repaid with the purchase of one 40x60"- 1960's MCM mirror-saved by craiglist)

1. hair fun 2. napping kids 3. a lesson with help

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!! Glad you found another one. Don't you love craigslist?

Becky said...

ouch...that's painful. what kind of hair fun did you have?? :)

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
And RED, too!
Love to see the make up mirror.
and the fun hair!

Company EIGHT said...

Oh, I am so sorry! I'm glad there is already a positive update. :)

Shelah said...

mirror trumps plate, I believe.

bluestocking mama said...

oh no! and let's see the mirror!!

Trueman twins said...

What a bummer! It is so hard to not be frustrated, but at least you got a great mirror. Yes, please do post a picture of it. I never got out to see it yesterday...