Saturday, January 21, 2006

So I made the worlds greatest pie...

okay I just have to pat myself on the back here- yesterday I made the worlds best apple pie ever-a culinary masterpiece, a tast bonanza, delectable dessert, a flavor explosion! i could continue my ravings-- I have an overblown aesthetic sense, but let me tell you it was an edible experience as yet unparalleled int he world of pie- I decided to catalogue it here- because as a SAHM-- I will never be in Who's Who or receive major awards for my work aka "mother tasks". So as not to feel unnoticed or appreciated I will toot my own horn- after all that is one fo the great purposes of blogs. I really should have taken a picture of it-to prove it-i guess i could now- even half eaten it's beauty would shine through-- like all those greco-roman scultpures missing limbs you see in museums. I think it rivalled the work of any of the great domestic pie baking women of my great grandma's generation. The crust was perfectly mounded, shiny (yes i even bothered to do the "brush with egg white" step in a moment of supreme dedication to the art of baking), flaky, sparkling with sugar. The insides- macs, grannies, allspice-- the perfect combination. Even my husband remarked - "That is an impressive pie". So i'll take that compliment and mark one up for Smart mama today!

3 comments:

ShelahBooksIt said...

yum

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

And do I need to state the obvious?? Anything you make will be fabulous if it is made in a sexy little apron...

MusicalMom said...

Pie...I love pie!