Friday, January 07, 2011

this morning I stayed in my pajamas

IMG_3985_edited-1till 1pm and painted these while simultaneously playing ancient Egypt with palmer… and then to celebrate our fun morning we made a delicious 3 layer white cake with silky chocolate buttercream frosting… (okay I did a few small productive tasks in there too, but honestly not too many)

IMG_3990yesterday I was thinking about color and when I woke up I was channeling hans hofmann and couldn’t do anything else till I worked it out. Its crazy how your thoughts, emotions, & conversations spit themselves out in the form of paintings… it’s a strange form of catharsis and continuation…you somehow capture and concrete a given feeling, thought, or experience.

3 comments:

LL said...

honestly. You never cease to amaze me.

Michal Thompson said...

when are you sending those to my house- my new house has too many blank walls and those would fit perfectly

Swimmingmom said...

Wow, your staying in your pj days sure are productive. Those look great. I always love seeing your transitions to different styles/themes.