Some of our favorite Christmas stories involve mice. Like Gingerbread Mouse, T'was the Night Before Christmas, and Santa Mouse. So we decided to make some edible mice. I have seen them made with maraschino cherries before but I knew my kids would not like how the tasted so I made up these.
How to Make Edible Chocolate Mice
Wilton premium candy melts- I like the dk chocolate (but you could make a cute family of mice using the white and milk chocolate)
Double stuff Oreos (or the holiday ones)
Sugar eyes (I get the icing eyes from Country kitchen Sweet art and use them for lots of projects (or you can pipe on frosting dots)
2. Cut the licorice into small tail length strips
3. Carefully cut the bottom 1/4 of the Oreos.
4. Affix the tails by sticking the licorice into the frosting between the two cookies.
5. Use a small spatula or knife to coat the two sides and top curve of the Oreo. Place on waxed paper to set
6. While the chocolate is still melted. Attach Hershey kiss at the base.
7. Place on almond ears.
8. Use a dab of frosting to attach eyes.
They would also be fun for a nutcracker themed party (the mouse king) or Twas the night before Christmas reading or as an homage to our favorite Santa Mouse. We also made mouse cupcakes to go in some T'was the night before Christmas themed designer cupcake sets. We placed them on cupcakes with Santa cupcakes.