Looking for a glamourous cupcake idea for a girl party? Here are some lipstick cupcakes for a make-up makeover party.
So here is a quick how-to-tutorial
1. Frost the cupcakes.
2. Sprinkle the edges with pastel confetti (I get mine from country kitchen sweet art)
3. Tint fondant dark pink, light pink. and purple.
4. Form a long snake out of the dark pink about 1/2" diameter. Cut into short segments on the diagonal.
5. Roll out purple. Cut into small rectangles. Shape over the lipstick.
6. Roll out light pink. Use a pizza cutter to cut thin strips to add detailing.
(You are probably wondering why I- mother of 3 boys am making lipstick cupcakes... well I auctioned off my services making designer cupcakes at our town ed foundation dinner dance last spring and the woman who won requested something for her daughters party. Hence the pink girliness-- I also used an extra to make a cute little cake for one of my friends daughter who one remarked that I always had soft hair and shiny lips- have to love kids compliments) So "Sister Shiny Lips" came through with a surprise treat today! Moral fo thta story- tell me my lips are shiny and you might get a cake...