Sunday, February 06, 2011

olive trees

You know my art changes like the seasons. I start new series, generally give it a good run and move on to something else. in fact it is that freedom to explore styles, instead of feeling confined that keeps it fresh.  Sometimes I go back and revisit the series later, but its never the same I have been different things in between, experienced different things. You may remember a few years back I did some olive trees, reminiscent of my summer in Jerusalem, well my recent trip to Jordan made me want to get back to the series.  So here are some recent pieces…you can see the influence of some other series in this piece…

allegory 30x40” and lone 18 x 24”

alleg1

IMG_4226

3 comments:

Adri said...

Loving these, Leslie!

Cath said...

Leslie - I LOVE these - especially Allegory. Are you selling?

smart mama said...

oh thanks- yes i am selling- allegory is still in n va from the show (it might have a buyer- i had someone ask me about it but given it has been in the visitor center show in Dc we never made fianl plans) but shoot me an email if you are serious about it and I can contact the other person and see if they are still wanting it...