Sunday, April 03, 2011

when you’re home alone on a saturday night

then you might as well paint the city that never sleeps…last night I did this detail from one of my favorite photos I took in New York City 2 years ago. I was there for a conference and we went a day early, took the boys out for Turkish food  at Akdeniz and to the MoMA- it was one of those days that just hangs perfectly in your memory. It absolutely beautiful as the sun was starting to set and all the lights were coming on. I’ve never painted a city scene so it was kind of fun little project.IMG_6595

here is the photo that inspired it..

IMG_0082_edited-1

6 comments:

ellen said...

I love it! I went to NYC for the day last Saturday; it's the coolest city ever.

Lei said...

Fabulous Les! Love your "painting perspective", how it differs from the actualy photo ever so slightly. :)

Annie ~ Basic Joy said...

Wonderful! Love the colors and motion. I was a grad school baby, born in NYC, so I've always claimed it as my hometown. Great piece!

Lisa Childs said...

Oh, you know.. just something I whipped up.. haha jeez it's incredible! One of my favorites from you!

Swimmingmom said...

Leslie!!!!!! I LOVE IT! How different for you. Way to go out on a limb and try something new. I really like it.

Sage said...

This is great! Love it. And your other stuff too!